Psalm 16:11 You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

New Day, New Possibilities

I have come to realize that so many things in our lives are our choices. I have lived a lot of my life, living in the shadows of what others expected from me and allowing them to lead me down the path that they chose for me, yet today I have learned that the world of possibilites is open and available to anyone that dreams.

Dreams are important but so is having a goal. Goals are just a stepping plan and not something you must reach, but just a stepping stone to make us work toward progressing further in our walk with the Lord. By having a goal, each day we make progress toward that goal, is one step further than we had the day before, so we are making progress towards a goal, even if we don't fulfill all we set out to do..

I look at where I was in my life 3 years ago; unable to drive, not able to work, anxious, fearful and not happy, to today where I work 3 days a week, drive to and from around town and do pretty well most days. Of course, we all struggle and have days where we just don't feel well, but I don't think that gives us the excuse to not try to improve our situation and our lives. I don't know how I have come so far in the last 3 years other than to say that the Lord has given me the strength and courage to put one foot in front of the other. Sure, somedays I just don't feel well and wish I could stay home and in bed, but I have decided I have too much to accomplish still in this life to just quit and give up.

Maybe today you are facing the thought of giving in and just saying you can't do it anymore, but is that really what you want, or is it just the thought of making progress scary to you? I don't know where you are today but just remember that God is always there for us and whatever we face. God leads, guides and directs but He also wants us to prosper in all we do including our health and happiness.

This year God has been really speaking to me about being RESTORED and COMPLETE... Don't you want that? I know I do and by walking toward that I must be willing to give up the hurt, unforgivenss and disappointments in my life from the past but also for the future. No life is perfect but we do have the opportunity to make our lives the best we can and that means doing the best we can. That is all God ask of us.

Praying God richly blesses you today and everyday.
Looking to Him always,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment