Psalm 16:11 You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bible Study

Today was bible study day at my home. We had a great time and enjoyed the fellowship as well as digging into the Word of God. What would we do without the Bible and the answers it provides?

Each time we open the Word of God, there is always something new to learn. I know that being a believer for over 35 years, that doesn't change the need I have daily for a "fresh" word from the Lord. I believe in my journey that I have come across many verses that I have read many times, yet on this particular day, somehow, someway, God allows me to see this verse in a whole new light.

Light is just as necessary as darkness. I look at my own journey and often wonder why there has been so much darkness, but then I wonder; would I be who I am today if I had not had the struggles and pain in my life that I have faced? We will never fully understand God's plan on this side of heaven, but I hope one day it will all make sense to me. I have many questions on a daily basis, but I have to continue to lean on my life verse of Jeremiah 29:11.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”
Captivity has been part of my journey and at times is still part of it, but I thank God each and every day that I am not where I was before, but I also pray that He will guide me into the place, plan and purpose He has for me. Captivity is not God's plan.
Today I pray these words for you and over you:
God, today be with anyone that is reading this post today. I pray that You will use my words to guide them into the fullness of your joy and  into your plan as well as to open Your Word for all the answers that they are searching for; whatever they need Lord, provide. I ask that You prosper their lives and that they will be all that You made them to be in this world. We know life isn't easy but Lord, I know You are always there when we call on Your name... Lord, we are calling on you today..

1 comment: