Psalm 16:11 You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Trust

I feel like the word trust often conjours up different things to different people, but for me, it is a word that often brings up bad memories or feelings of hurt. Trust isn't easy for someone that has often been the one that has been left by family, friends or other that have been in my life because they felt the reality of being part of my life was too difficult. When I met my boyfriend Mike, who is now my husband, trust wasn't something I handed over very easily but for some reason I felt I could lay my heart on the line and allow him into my life.. Of course, trust being that we live in a fallen world, he also hurt me as well. Life isn't perfect, even though we want it to be perfect.. Life hurts and we happen to hurt others. Sadly, for me this life has hurt me deeply through many struggles that weren't my doing but through the sinful natures of others.. I believe that the word TRUST sometimes means that we must put ourselves out there to be hurt again because it is inevitable. Pain and suffering are just part of this life but so are love, joy, peace, happiness, memories that make us be glad we are part of this life with someone else. Today, let us reach out to those in our lives and take the time to remember why we love them and want them to be part of our lives. Often times, I seem to remember only the bad that has happened in my relationships but I need to take the time to remember the good as well. I pray for you my friend, that you will take the time to look at the big picture. Does the good outweigh the bad? I hope so and I pray that you will find the peace that God so desperately wants for you to have. Your life is meaningful and is so much more than just one experience. I understand sometimes that one experience seems like the end of us but in reality, it may be the beginning to find yourself. Sometimes we have to reach the end of our rope before we can finally reach out to the rope of God.. I pray for you friend. Find yourself through the love God has for you. Don't find your acceptance in society, but through God... God is the only way to find true happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment