Psalm 16:11 You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Learning the hard way

Today has been a day of learning some lessons the hard way but I am so thankful to God for leading me to the people that are helping me learn those lessons. Sometimes we get in our own way and want to have everything figured out but in reality when we just let life happen, the best happens.

I know I have a problem with control. I want to control every aspect of my life and often try to do that with others in my family. Luckily, I am learning to let go more often and just enjoy the journey. The joyful journey. Get it? I have never been very good at just sitting down and relaxing and taking time for myself. I was raised that we must always be productive and "working" so for me to sit and relax is often a hard thing to do, but I am learning to take that time and focus on myself once in awhile.

Controlling things is something I am learning is often harder than just letting things happen naturally. If you are always sitting on the edge trying to keep everything under control, then you are on edge and uptight usually. I am sure that is where a lot of my anxiety has originated from. Not all of it but some. Looking back I know that my life has been the reality of trying to keep all of the plates spinning and feeling like I must be perfect at everything, yet through today and many other days I know the Lord is telling me to let Him take the reins of control and let Him lead me where He wants me to go, instead of me trying to take Him where I want to go.

I am sure that I will always want a clean house, a clean yard and certain aspects of life a certain way, but I hope I am learning to let go more and enjoy the path I am walking on daily. The path is different than I expected at times but I have been learning on this journey lately, that my path is where God is directing me to go.. I hope that I can continue to be willing to learn from the previous parts of my life and move forward in the way He is guiding me to go.

Dreams that are bigger than I could ever think or imagine. I am sure that is what He is wanting for me too.

Don't forget to dream and believe for the best. God only wants that for you.

Look to Him for your significance and not to the world. The world will fail you but God will never leave us nor forsake us.

No comments:

Post a Comment