Psalm 16:11 You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Possibilites

Each year God gives us a new beginning but we don't have to wait for a new year to start fresh. Everyday that we wake up in the morning, this is a chance for a new beginning. God doesn't remember what we did the day before if we seek forgiveness from Him, so we need to give ourselves the benefit of forgiving ourselves as well and to start fresh.

God allows us to learn from the past but the past doesn't need to hold us back or force us to stand still and not move forward. Forward . This word means more than just what we normally think. Looking up the word in the dictionary shows the following meanings:
onward, moving ahead, advance, promote.

All of these words give us the picture of stepping out into the unknown and making a path we are unfamiliar with to achieve the success and happiness God wants us to have.
Sometimes that first step is the hardest, but when we take the leap of faith, we have no idea where God is going to take us.
In looking back over the last year I have learned many things about myself that I didn't really know before or maybe I knew, but just didn't believe deep in my heart.
I know that God has asked me to step out into the water with Him and He will hold my hand. Before I wanted to be in control and only ask for help when I had no other option but now I am more comfortable letting go of the control and allowing Him to lead me down the road He wants me to follow. That road is often hard, painful but boy, is there a lot of joy as well. I am learning to enjoy life, follow my heart and look into my heart to find the real ME.. Not what someone else wants me to be; but who I was desinged to be. Maybe I will be causing some feathers to be ruffled in the process because some won't like who I am becoming but others will probably say "Finally you have found who I knew you always were"..

I am focusing on a word this year that I feel is going to help me live a life that pleases the Lord:

My word is INTENTIONAL..
Intentional in my life
Intentional in my relationships
Intentional in my job
Intentional in my health
Intentional in my spirtitual life
Intentional in my pursuits
Intentional in my finances

No comments:

Post a Comment